Stoptech Sport 2-Pot Conversion Slotted Rear Rotors
Excessive heat can cause resins in your brake pad to vaporize or “outgas.” As the brake pad wears, the used friction material turns into a fine dust. This boundary layer of heat, gas and dust builds up between the pad and rotor surfaces and inhibits performance. Here’s where StopTech SportStop slotted brake rotors make a big difference. StopTech SportStop Slotted Brake Rotors are a true performance rotor and feature:
- Power Alloy castings
- Engineered Performance Rotor.
- Superior resistance to cracking due to thermal stress.
- Increased molybdenum (higher carbon)content that extends reliability, service life and helps reduce NVH “noise” issues.
- Rotor material is a direct descendant of the patented AeroRotor from StopTech.
- Improved vane design or OE equivalent on all rotors .
- Center split castings.
- New short slot design runs perpendicular to the vane to preserve rotor strength.
- Improved wet weather response
- Increased initial bite.
- Double disc ground for a consistent friction surface and Improved pad bed-in.
- Mill balanced.
- Black E-Coated non-friction surfaces on “Power Alloy” rotors * Enhances open wheel appearance
**2-pot calipers won’t fit with a “normal” 15″ wheel you’ll need “motorsport” wheels like our Speedline Corse 2118, they will fit under most “normal” 16″ and larger wheels but in some cases a small wheel spacer will be needed.**
Don’t forget to upgrade your brake lines and fluid when you install your new parts. We stock Motul Brake fluid and Stoptech brake lines to complete your install.